GUADEC Talk plans + API addition

Jussi Kukkonen jku at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 18 09:35:15 PDT 2010

Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 12:47 -0400, Pierre-Luc Beaudoin wrote:
>> Neither Henri nor I are planning to give a talk about Geoclue at this
>> year's GUADEC.  Are there any volunteers?
>>
>> The call for papers ends this weekend.
>
> I'd be happy to do it though I don't think that Geoclue has changed so
> significantly since last GUADEC, or at all really.
>
> Do we have significant plans, and resources allocated to make the
> changes we discussed last year at GCDS?
>
> I think it would be dishonest to do another presentation of Geoclue if
> nothing had changed in the past year.

That's what I was thinking... There's not much news, as unfortunate as
that is.

> Hopefully, I'll soon get some time attributed to working on Geoclue.

In a similar tone, I have added freeform geocode method I proposed, it's
currently in jku branch and works quite nicely in my tests. Please take
a look and comment. I decided to go with a new method instead of
overloading the address hashtable. The examples and all providers have
been updated.

How about a release next week with the fixes now in + this new method?
I'd _really_ like to redo the master provider now but that might well
take a few iterations so a interim release would make sense.

 - Jussi