GUADEC Talk plans + API addition

Javier Fernandez Garcia-Boente jfernandez at igalia.com
Thu Mar 18 10:20:53 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 18:35 +0200, Jussi Kukkonen wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 12:47 -0400, Pierre-Luc Beaudoin wrote:
> >> Neither Henri nor I are planning to give a talk about Geoclue at this
> >> year's GUADEC.  Are there any volunteers?
> >>
> >> The call for papers ends this weekend.
> >
> > I'd be happy to do it though I don't think that Geoclue has changed so
> > significantly since last GUADEC, or at all really.
> >
> > Do we have significant plans, and resources allocated to make the
> > changes we discussed last year at GCDS?
> >
> > I think it would be dishonest to do another presentation of Geoclue if
> > nothing had changed in the past year.
>
> That's what I was thinking... There's not much news, as unfortunate as
> that is.
>
> > Hopefully, I'll soon get some time attributed to working on Geoclue.

I would like to use this thread to introduce me. Im sorry haven't done
it yet, but i preferred to stay quite while i've been checking the
internals of the Geoclue project.

My name is Javier Fernández. I work for Igalia in the Desktop-Mobile
division since 2007. I've been involved in the development of Modest and
Tinymail projects, and currently im the co-maintainer of the GDigicam
project, a framework for handling camera devices for the Maemo
platform.

I've been playing with the Geoclue project during last year in my spare
time; i thought it was going to be enough to contribute somehow, but it
eventually wasn't. However, i've got in love with the project and lots
of ideas came to my mind during this time.

So, i have plans to make a presentation in my company in order to devote
a part-time dedication, at least, for contributing to this project. I
was thinking to start checking the current bugs and help in some easy
tasks, to be more confident about the Geoclue design and basic concepts;
however, im open to contribute in some specific area if its required.

--
Javier Fernández García-Boente
http://blogs.igalia.com/jfernandez/