geocode-glib: Geocoding, reverse geocoding library

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 01:56:07 PDT 2011

2011/4/21 Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>:
> The current code uses json-glib, libsoup, and gvfs (for HTTP), though I
> can remove the gvfs requirement if MeeGo/KDE people are interested in
> the code.
>
> There's async and sync APIs, and I will be adding code to support
> Telepathy's own attributes (which don't quite match the Place Finder API
> attributes).
>
> Code:
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/geocode-glib
>
> Opinions, comments? Is somebody interested in working on a Nominatim
> backend? (does anybody know how well it works?)

As I peviously said on this ML, geocoding can certainly be done
locally, with OpenStreetMap data. So, a D-Bus service for that have
sense, hiding at least two sort of implementation behind a single
interface:
- web based
- file based.

Nevertheless, I don't know if your geocode-glib should hide both
implementation or should just be a piece of code to build the web
based solution.

--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: guyou at im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefille at hotmail.com