Failed to acquire name 'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2'

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Tue Nov 4 04:03:15 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Garvan Keeley <gkeeley at mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Garvan,

Sorry for late reply. I was away at a conf.

> using the latest src from git, after make install, I thought I could run the service like so:
> developer at linux-0eim:~/geoclue> sudo src/geoclue
> (geoclue:15631): Geoclue-CRITICAL **: Failed to acquire name 'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2' on system bus or lost it.
> developer at linux-0eim:~/geoclue> src/geoclue --version

You gotta configure it as './configure --sysconfdir=/etc
--prefix=/usr`. Yeah, I know its annoying that you can't just install
it to your own prefix and have to tell it explicitly where sysconfdir
is but this is true for all system services AFAIK. However, I really
should put that in README file..

Regarding launching, when installed correctly, the service should
launch automatically on use.

> 2.1.10
>
> How do I start the service?

Regards,