demo/agent not following geoclue bus re-connects

Stefan Schmidt s.schmidt at samsung.com
Thu Nov 20 02:22:10 PST 2014

Hello.

I'm writing some GeoClue2 agent code for Enlightenment and for this
purpose I play around with available demo/agent and demo/where-am-i code
to see how things are working together.

I changed the desktop_id setting for where-am-i to something invalid (no
desktop file) to check how the error case is handled. After starting the
agent I did run where-am-i and is was rejected (as it should) but
running it again right afterwards it went through just fine. This
confused me for a while until I was running geoclue manually from a
shell with debug enabled.

In the case described above geoclue would simply leave the bus after
where-am-i got rejected but the agent kept running. A new start of
where-am-i would trigger a on demand start of geoclue but the running
agent would not register again so the app request would go through
without any agent interaction.

I guess this is just a limitation of the demo code of the agent? Does
gnome-shell handle this correctly?

regards
Stefan Schmidt