Geoclue-2.20 not working with gnome-3.16.x

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Mon Aug 3 04:14:43 PDT 2015

Hi John,

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 9:01 PM, John Frankish <john.frankish at outlook.com> wrote:
>> > (geoclue:18455): GLib-Net-WARNING **: The anchor file name for used
>> > with a GTlsFileDatabase must be an absolute path, and not relative:
>> > path=/usr/local/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
>> >
>> > (geoclue:18455): Geoclue-WARNING **: Failed to query location:
>> > Unacceptable TLS certificate
>> >
>> > ..but:
>> >
>> > $ ls -l /usr/local/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
>> > -rw-r--r--    1 root     root        245341 Feb  9  2013 /usr/local/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
>>
>> Those errors are from glib, geoclue just use plain old libsoup and glib API to access the network. Pretty sure libsoup on your system is broken for > > HTTPS or your cert file is too old. I'd advice to file a bug against libsoup for this.
>
> I found that I had a typo in a ./configure switch for glib-networking - all good now :)

Glad to hear you sorted that one out. However you having to add apps
to geoclue.conf is still an issue. If you could possibly follow up on
that bug and if you could possibly dig deeper, that would be extremely
helpful since I can't reproduce the issue. I'll still have a closer
look to see what might be the issue today..

> I see my location is more than 100km from my actual location in maps...

That's likely cause your area's wifi networks are not in Mozilla
location services database. You can easily fix that if you have an
android phone:

https://location.services.mozilla.com/apps

--
Regards,