Geoclue-2.20 not working with gnome-3.16.x

John Frankish john.frankish at outlook.com
Mon Aug 3 09:37:18 PDT 2015

 > > - all good now :)
> >
> Glad to hear you sorted that one out. However you having to add apps to geoclue.conf is still an issue.
> If you could possibly follow up on that bug and if you could possibly dig deeper, that would be extremely helpful
> since I can't reproduce the issue. I'll still have a closer look to see what might be the issue today..

Sure, I'll keep an eye on the bug and dig deeper if I can.

If you would like to try to duplicate yourself, you can run tinycorelinux corepure64 from an iso burnt to cd and, with a wired connection, download all of the required extensions (packages) to run gnome-maps - let me know if you're interested.

> > I see my location is more than 100km from my actual location in maps...
>
> That's likely cause your area's wifi networks are not in Mozilla location services database.
>
> You can easily fix that if you have an android phone:
>
> https://location.services.mozilla.com/apps

I'd be surprised if orange.fr was not in the database, but in France you never know...

Note that I need to run gnome-weather as root to get location services to work with it and creating an entry in geoclue.conf does not help.

I guess I need to modify either of:

/usr/local/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.Weather.Application.service
/usr/local/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.Weather.BackgroundService.service

..to run as root, but is this the correct way to fix this?

John