Geoclue2 and GPSD

Александр Волков a.volkov at rusbitech.ru
Fri Jun 26 02:21:52 PDT 2015

26.06.2015 10:49, Bastien Nocera пишет:
>>> Another way to solve that problem, in the future, might be to offer
>>> GPSd's data over the network, in the same way that we're doing for
>>> phones. This will mean no additional configuration necessary at
>>> Geoclue's level, but people who want to feed it GPS data can do so
>>> anyway.
>> I don't really understand you. What do mean by "calibrated"?
> He meant setup/paired/etc.
How does it prevent using GPSd?
It's a job of a user to correctly setup GPSd, it's a job of GPSd to
communicate with devices.
Why do you care about it?

>> Why don't just take values provided by GPSd?
> Because gpsd is awful:
> http://gypsy.freedesktop.org/why-not-gpsd.html

Are you kidding? How old is this article? Almost everything is wrong
there and this zombie must be killed.
BTW, the last release of gypsy was on 28 Aug 2012 and GPSd is actively
developed.

 From the standpoint of an application developer it would be much better
to use only Geoclue2.