[ghns] KDE KGHNS Check

Roger Pixley skreech2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 21:07:22 PST 2009

Just decided to run through and look at places GHNS is used in KDE 4.3.2 and
see what the state is.

LEGEND:
WORKS:- works as intended with Things installing properly
FAIL:- Does not load up a list to select from
NO INSTALL:- The file downloads and says that it installs but cannot be used
Doesn't Exist :-( :- Places that I thought would or should have a GHNS
button but none exists

System Settings:

Appearance: Color -> Scheme. WORKS
Appearance: Icons -> Theme. NO INSTALL
Appearance: Splash Screen. NO INSTALL
Appearance: Emoticons. WORKS

Desktop: Screen saver. Doesn't Exist :-(

Keyboard and Mouse: Mouse -> Theme. Doesn't Exist :-(

Desktop Theme Details: WORKS (also allows updates!)

Login Manager: Theme WORKS (Some themes don't)

KDiamond:

Configure Theme: WORKS

Kmail:

Configure Composer -> Custom Templates: Doesn't Exist :-(

Kopete:

Configure Chat Window -> Styles: WORKS

Configure Chat Windows -> Emoticons: WORKS

Configure Plugins: Doesn't exist :(

Amarok:

Cover Manager: Fetch Missing Covers feels like a GHNS button

Script Manager: WORKS

Configure Internet Services: Doesn't Exist :-(

Notes
The Icons Theme installed one after I waited a very long time for it to kick
in.
Login manager I think just has a lot of Oled thems in the list
Amarok is the only spot where you must restart the App for the download to
be tested/viewed. Perhaps that model can change?
I got a prompt to update for one of the Themes I had previously downoaded.
Perhaps those events can be moved to the top of the list?
Can't wait to test the new things in KDE 4.4 Does it support the Application
filtering by the Application version ?