[Glamor] glamor with current xserver Git

Zhigang Gong zhigang.gong at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 28 20:09:11 PDT 2012

Hi Michel,

Junyan is working on this now. But I don't think we have any code ready to
share currently. I discussed with him about the method to fix this issue,
and we haven't got a very clean solution for it.

The first way is which you mentioned in mail list. We switch to use glx
context rather than the EGL context. But in my mind, this way, we may
have a gap here. How can we bind the framebuffer's bo to a texture?
In EGL context, there is a standard EGL Image API to do this. Do you have
any further suggestion here?

The second way is to still use EGL interface in glamor. But change the
way to gl function handles to get from glx's dispatch table rather than
calling eglGetProcAddress. But we think this method may have some risk,
we need to check the egl part code we are using carefully and make sure
the incompatible gl dispatch table in the standard mesa library is not used.
Any comments?

I suggested Junyan to go the second way firstly. Junyan, if you got anything
new, please send it out, then we can discuss it here. Thanks.