[Glamor] glamor with current xserver Git

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Aug 29 00:33:00 PDT 2012

On Mit, 2012-08-29 at 11:09 +0800, Zhigang Gong wrote:

> Junyan is working on this now. But I don't think we have any code ready to
> share currently. I discussed with him about the method to fix this issue,
> and we haven't got a very clean solution for it.
>
> The first way is which you mentioned in mail list. We switch to use glx
> context rather than the EGL context. But in my mind, this way, we may
> have a gap here. How can we bind the framebuffer's bo to a texture?
> In EGL context, there is a standard EGL Image API to do this. Do you have
> any further suggestion here?

I was thinking of e.g. creating thin wrappers for the DRI_IMAGE* DRI
extensions (which are used for the EGL image API as well) in
xserver/glx/ for use by glamor. But I haven't looked into whether this
would be feasible at all or how much effort it would take in any detail.

> The second way is to still use EGL interface in glamor. But change the
> way to gl function handles to get from glx's dispatch table rather than
> calling eglGetProcAddress. But we think this method may have some risk,
> we need to check the egl part code we are using carefully and make sure
> the incompatible gl dispatch table in the standard mesa library is not used.
> Any comments?

I don't really understand how that would work. :)

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com