[Glamor] Wayland / Glamor DDX?

davyaxel at free.fr davyaxel at free.fr
Mon Sep 23 13:24:33 PDT 2013

Additionally I would like to add that to have XWayland DDX,

. For every XWayland DDX, we need a way to import pixmaps as wl_buffers.
The way to do that is getting a handle or dma-buf fd from the pixmap.
Since glamor stores some pixmaps as textures/EGLImages, glamor should add a function
to get a handle from a pixmap when it is a pixmap handled entirely by glamor (ie is an EGLImage).
The way to get a handle from an EGLImage is using gbm_bo_import and gbm_bo_get_handle.

After adding such a function I managed to have a working xf86-video-ati on XWayland on a radeonsi card.

. For a specific XWayland DDX, we do not need to store pixmaps to something else than EGLimages, so it would be cool
to have a function to create textured pixmaps (similar to glamor_create_pixmap, but creating only pixmaps as gl textures).

Correct me, of course, if you find my information inaccurate.

Axel Davy