Android-x86 support

Edward Hervey edward.hervey at collabora.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 11:02:06 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 13:10 -0400, Gerry LaChac wrote:
> Edward:
>
> Thanks for the info.  I'm just trying not to re-invent the wheel.  I've
> already had the old gstreamer android port running on x86, so I'm not so
> much concerned about the code as much as the new build system using
> androgenizer.

  Yes, androgenizer is definitely the nice big helper here :)

> I've run into issues already with a simple attempt, but I'm building
> projects one at a time so I'm not sure what lies ahead.  For example, in
> libmad the Android.mk assumes arm and passes that to configure in the
> --host argument.  It also hardcodes the use of the arm assembly code in
> Makefile.am.  On the other hand libid3tag and ogg have built cleanly.

  That should be trivial enough to fix to make it pass the right --host
based on env variables set by the android build system. We could maybe
add that to androgenizer...

   Edward

> -Gerry
>
> On 04/29/2011 12:33 PM, Edward Hervey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >    No known effort that I know of, though considering we don't have
> > anything arm-specific in gstreamer/plugins it shouldn't be too much of
> > an issue.
> >
> >    Edward
> >
> > On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 12:15 -0400, Gerry Lachac wrote:
> >> Has there been any effort in making this gstreamer build system work
> >> under android-x86?  I figured I would ask before making the attempt.

Edward Hervey  --  Collabora Multimedia
Project Manager              Co-Founder