gst-android v4l2src plugin missing??

Saravanakrishnan krishnan.saravanak at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:49:37 PDT 2011

Hello,

I was able to run gstreamer for android for my gumstix (with the help of the
wiki,
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/GstreamerAndroid_InstallInstructions).
When I try to run "gst-launch v4l2src ! surfaceflingersink", I get, "ERROR:
pipeline could not be constructed: no element "v4l2src". I had tried with
"gst-launch videotestsrc ! surfaceflingersink" and it worked. And, I was
able to play mp3 files too. So, is there something missing in the library. I
think gst-plugins-good is responsible for v4l2src element. It looks the
libgstv4l2src.so required for the v4l2src plugin is not being built.. Has
anyone encountered this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Krishnan.