gst-android v4l2src plugin missing??

Saravanakrishnan Krishnamoorthy krishnan.saravanak at gmail.com
Tue May 17 09:33:57 PDT 2011

Hello,

I was able to integrate v4l2src plugin( I don't know why it wasn't
implemented!). Now, I am facing another problem..

Whenever, I give some filter caps, it says,

Could not find a compatible pad to link to capsfilter0:src

My pipeline is,

gst-launch --gst-debug=3 -v v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace !
video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)YUYV,width=720,height=480 !  v4l2sink
device=/dev/video1

I know this pipeline works for my camera(I had used it under OpenEmbedded).

If I try without the 'format' statement, it gives

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Could
not negotiate format

And I tried with videotestsrc without including the 'format' parameter
and it works!..

So, basically it doesn't like the way I give the 'format' parameter. I
have tried various combinations, but nothing worked.. Does anyone have
suggestions for this?

Thanks,
Krishnan.