Building gst-plugins-good/ext/jpeg

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Apr 26 05:04:26 PDT 2012

On 04/26/2012 01:44 PM, Ryan Melville wrote:
> >> Do you have it on the system or the NDK root? It needs to be on the
> latter. Stefan
>
> I have it at /usr/lib (came with the Ubuntu system) which I agree
> isn't useful.
>
> Ah, so I need to go download the libjpeg sources on my own, create
> Android.mk <http://Android.mk> for them, build libjpeg using ndk-build
> and make that available to the gstreamer build?
>
> Is the "NDK root" the actual Android NDK install path?  Or, perhaps I
> can do this similar to the glib dependency and plunk the libjpeg
> project in the gstreamer-0.10_ndk_build dir (a peer to glib)?  I'm
> thinking the build output will already go to the obj/ dir and be in
> the link path of the configure check and jpeg plugin build?
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Regards,
>
> Ryan

I have not added a new lib myself. Please take a look how faad is
integrated and try to follow that. If you success, it would be great if
you could contribute the solution. On the other hand I wonder if you
could get away with adding the libjpeg-devel related files (headers and
pkg-config files) and copy the libjpeg library from the phone to the ndk
like we do for other media libs.

Stefan