glib issue when building NDK

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 05:45:19 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 00:33 -0400, Christopher Ladden wrote:

Hi,

> Hello gstreamer-android, this is my first time posting here.
>
> Has anyone seen the following glib include error when compiling the ndk?
>
> In file included from /Users/chris/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/jni/../gstreamer/tests/examples/controller/audio-example.c:10:0:
> /Users/chris/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/gstreamer/gst/gst.h:28:2: warning: #warning "The GStreamer 0.11 API is still unstable and will change in future." [-Wcpp]
> /Users/chris/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/gstreamer/gst/gst.h:29:2: warning: #warning "Define GST_USE_UNSTABLE_API to avoid this warning." [-Wcpp]
> /Users/chris/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/gstreamer/gst/gst.h:32:18: fatal error: glib.h: No such file or directory

Note that you seem to be building git master / 0.11. I don't know if
anyone has done that before, I think people have mostly only done things
with 0.10 so far. Not that it should matter in principle, but you might
run into a few more issues because of that (things might have gotten
fixed in the 0.10 branch and not been cherry-picked into git master for
example).

> Looking at the full androgenizer command, I can see glib is included,
> but for some reason it's failing on the gstreamer/tests folder:

Looking at tests/examples/controller/Makefile.am, it looks like some new
examples have been added, but the android bit in the makefile has not
been updated for that.

The specific reason for the failure seems to be this:

   -:CFLAGS $(DEFS) $(DEFAULT_INCLUDES) $(audio_example_CFLAGS) \

which has $(audio_example_CFLAGS), but audio_example_CFLAGS is never set
to anything, instead AM_CFLAGS is set.

So you could try changing that (and then re-autogen.sh if it doesn't
pick up the Makefile.am change automatically).

Cheers
 -Tim