Building gstreamer_ndk_bundle problem

Marko Matić cipiripper at gmail.com
Fri May 25 08:01:31 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

I am trying to make audio/video player for Android, and I am trying to use
gstreamer_ndk_bundle for that purpose. But, I can’t get it to build! On
this mailing list, I found this guide attached somewhere:
http://ubuntuone.com/59U1QyUapdgA901CVQDFu9

And I have followed it up until I need to install libglib2.0-dev (sudo
apt-get install libglib2.0-dev). When it installs, setup.sh gave me this
error:

/home/marko/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/jni/../glib/gobject/gmarshal.c:149:
undefined reference to `g_value_get_schar'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [/home/marko/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/obj/local/armeabi/
libgobject-2.0.so] Error 1

The solution that is stated in the guide I am following says that I should
run ndk-build from /gst folder, but when I do that, I get the same error.
So I opened “gmarshal.c” and I saw that macro
“g_marshal_value_peek_char(v)” calls “g_value_get_schar(v)” which is
undefined. I also saw that this declaration of the
g_marshal_value_peek_char(v) is under G_ENABLE_DEBUG region of the code,
and the similar definition is under  the region which compiles when
G_ENABLE_DEBUG is not defined. So I tried to define
g_marshal_value_peek_char same as in the other region that is ignored:

#define g_marshal_value_peek_char(v)     (v)->data[0].v_int

And I corrected the error. Now I guess that G_ENABLE_DEBUG should be
undefined? How can I undefine it? Does my fix affect anything? I see the
warining in the code that I should use g_value_get_*() functions, but
g_value_get_schar is undefined.

If I have to use the g_value_get_schar (v) where is its definition?

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Marko Matic