Building gstreamer_ndk_bundle problem

Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet reynaldo at opendot.cl
Fri May 25 08:59:33 PDT 2012

Hi Marko

On 05/25/2012 11:01 AM, Marko Matić wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I am trying to make audio/video player for Android, and I am trying to
> use gstreamer_ndk_bundle for that purpose. But, I can’t get it to build!
> On this mailing list, I found this guide attached somewhere:
> http://ubuntuone.com/59U1QyUapdgA901CVQDFu9
>
> And I have followed it up until I need to install libglib2.0-dev (sudo
> apt-get install libglib2.0-dev). When it installs, setup.sh gave me this
> error:
>

> /home/marko/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/jni/../glib/gobject/gmarshal.c:149:
> undefined reference to `g_value_get_schar'

Several had seen this problem before and the solution for it it's
in the list archives so you should be able to find it. In the mean
time though and to aid your understanding; this problem deals with
the divergence between the ndk bundle's glib and the one in your
system (this one is used as part of the building process. Yeah, we
know it's not ideal but there's no easy way around it using the ndk
provided facilities). So either you install a matching glib system-wide
(not an option for many) or you make it so you have a locally
installed glib that can be access and used during the building. The
env vars you'd need to export if you follow the later procedure are
these ones:

GLIB_GENMARSHAL=/[X]/glib/gobject/glib-genmarshal
GLIB_COMPILE_SCHEMAS=/[X]/glib/gio/glib-compile-schemas

Where [X] is the absolute path were you put your local glib
copy.

Hope it helps

--
Reynaldo