HLS on Android/IOS over HTTPS

Alexander Zallesov zallesov at soundcloud.com
Fri Nov 8 14:32:47 CET 2013

Hello.

I've managed to make HLS working on android and ios with hlsdemux and
mpegtsdemux. My pipeline looks like this and it works

*souphttpsrc
location=http://wpc.658d.edgecastcdn.net/80658D/unprotected-media/shalalafon_ts/playlist.m3u8
<http://wpc.658d.edgecastcdn.net/80658D/unprotected-media/shalalafon_ts/playlist.m3u8>
! hlsdemux ! tsdemux ! mpegaudioparse ! mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample
! autoaudiosink", &error);*

Troubles start when I try to play an HTTPS url. I got run time error

*TLS/SSL support not available; install glib-networking*

I have it installed on my mac and https urls plays from command line.

Question is how to make it work on android/ios? Should I include this lib
to build somehow? How?

PS. Gstreamer seems to be 0.1 as I followed tutorials from gsreamer.com.
I'm using android tutorial 2 as base.
 Thanx in advance.

Alexander Zallesov

Engineer

http://soundcloud.com/zallesov/likes <http://soundcloud.com/zallesov>

Skype: zall_nsk

Cell: 01573-7654395

SoundCloud Ltd. - Rosenthaler Str. 13

10119 Berlin, Germany

Discover what's new on SoundCloud <https://soundcloud.com/explore>

Limited registered at Company House, Cardiff, UK.

 Registered Office: London, UK. Company number 6343600

Managing Director: Alexander Ljung

 Local Branch Office Germany: AG Charlottenburg, HRB 110657B