HLS on Android/IOS over HTTPS

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 16:31:12 CET 2013

2013/11/8 Alexander Zallesov <zallesov at soundcloud.com>

> Hello.
>
> I've managed to make HLS working on android and ios with hlsdemux and
> mpegtsdemux. My pipeline looks like this and it works
>
> *souphttpsrc
> location=http://wpc.658d.edgecastcdn.net/80658D/unprotected-media/shalalafon_ts/playlist.m3u8
> <http://wpc.658d.edgecastcdn.net/80658D/unprotected-media/shalalafon_ts/playlist.m3u8>
> ! hlsdemux ! tsdemux ! mpegaudioparse ! mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample
> ! autoaudiosink", &error);*
>
> Troubles start when I try to play an HTTPS url. I got run time error
>
> *TLS/SSL support not available; install glib-networking*
>

> I have it installed on my mac and https urls plays from command line.
>
> Question is how to make it work on android/ios? Should I include this lib
> to build somehow? How?
>
> PS. Gstreamer seems to be 0.1 as I followed tutorials from gsreamer.com.
> I'm using android tutorial 2 as base.
>  Thanx in advance.

Hi Alex,

I am sorry for the late reply, we are releasing a new product and I have
been really busy this week.
To add support for TLS you need to include a the gnutls GIO module. Add
this line to your Android.mk
G_IO_MODULES=gnutls

Next week I will probably have some time to explain things a bit more,
because for new developments you should be using GStreamer 1.2. For
application developers the high-level API is almost the same so you won't
have troubles moving to 1.2.
 I will try to explain you the current status of 0.10 vs 1.2 and why the
GStreamer SDK is not providing yet binaries for 1.2

Cheers,
Andoni

> Alexander Zallesov
>
> Engineer
>

> http://soundcloud.com/zallesov/likes <http://soundcloud.com/zallesov>
>
> Skype: zall_nsk
>
> Cell: 01573-7654395
>
> SoundCloud Ltd. - Rosenthaler Str. 13
>
> 10119 Berlin, Germany
>

> Discover what's new on SoundCloud <https://soundcloud.com/explore>
>

> Limited registered at Company House, Cardiff, UK.
>
>  Registered Office: London, UK. Company number 6343600
>
> Managing Director: Alexander Ljung
>
>  Local Branch Office Germany: AG Charlottenburg, HRB 110657B

Andoni Morales Alastruey

LongoMatch:The Digital Coach
http://www.longomatch.ylatuya.es