Building GStreamer SDK (for Android) from source for branched plugins

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Jun 16 23:00:10 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-06-11 at 23:21 -0700, sazzadur rahman wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to build GStreamer SDK for Android that should include gst-plugin-bad from the following repository (amczerocopy-wipbranch):
> http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/mateo/gst-plugins-bad.git
>
> If I use Cerbero using the following command, will it take the above mentioned plugin installed in the machine?
> #cerbero -c config/cross-android.cbc package gstreamer-sdk.

"gstreamer-sdk" and the stuff from gstreamer.com is not related to the
GStreamer project and based on the old 0.10 versions, see my other reply
to your other mail :)

The patches in that branch are for GStreamer 1.3+ and you can build them
with cerbero from here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/

You can then edit the gst-plugins-bad and gst-plugins-bad-static recipes
in the recipes directory to point to the GIT repository you mentioned
above, and then build everything as you described above. Just replacing
"gstreamer-sdk" with "gstreamer-1.0".

Expertise, Straight from the Source