importing gstreamer editing services on android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jun 28 01:57:50 PDT 2014

On Sa, 2014-06-28 at 02:32 +0300, Roi Bareket wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I'm trying to create an android application that will edit movies.
> i tried to do the most basic thing using the latest build provided for
> android
> * GStreamer SDK 2013.6 (Congo) for Android ARM (Release, tar.bz2)
> <http://cdn.gstreamer.com/android/arm/gstreamer-sdk-android-arm-release-2013.6.tar.bz2>
>
> [...]

The binaries from gstreamer.com are using the old 0.10 version that is
no longer supported and maintained since a few years, and gstreamer.com
has no connection to the GStreamer project.

You can get the official binaries using the very latest version of
GStreamer from here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.2.4.1/

They work basically the same but use a much newer version.

> Android.mk:
>
> [...]
> GSTREAMER_PLUGINS         := coreelements

You have to add
GSTREAMER_EXTRA_DEPS := ges-1.0
to the Android.mk below the plugins, and make sure that
GSTREAMER_PLUGINS contains $(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_EDITING)

Expertise, Straight from the Source