importing gstreamer editing services on android

Sandro Sacquegno sansac at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 03:31:49 PDT 2014

Sorry to contradict you Sebastian, but what is needed
in GSTREAMER_EXTRA_DEPS is

gst-editing-services-1.0 , not ges-1.0

I'm using gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.2.4.1-debug.

BTW I have, in GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_EDITING group, just gnonlin: is that
correct?

I'm trying a simple code which open an ogv and play some bit of it, but it
fails with:

....gstdiscoverer.c:1626:start_discovering No URI to process
....ges-asset.c:774:ges_asset_request Tried to create an Asset for type
GESUriClip but no ->init method

using this code:

gchar *uri = gst_filename_to_uri ("sdcard/test.ogv", NULL);
GESUriClip *src = ges_uri_clip_new (uri);

as a starting point, but I don't remember where I got it from.

Should the currently online documentation related to GES (1.2.1) attain
well to the last 1.2.4.1?

Is there any sample code using the latter, somewhere?

Thank you for your time
Sandro