Error streaming rtsp using gstreamer 1.3.90

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Jun 29 08:21:49 PDT 2014

On So, 2014-06-29 at 17:07 +0300, Ido Hershkovitz Wizard Proj wrote:
> Hi,
> First - thanks for publishing the android binaries for version 1.3.90.
>
> Second - i have moved to that version and after running the new ndk-build
> and running both my app and android-tutorial-4.
> my RTSP stream from an IP camera (Edimax branded) failed with the following
> error:
> *0:00:36.454885195 0x7d835180
> gstamcvideodec.c:529:gst_amc_video_dec_set_src_caps:<amcvideodec-omxqcomvideodecoderavc1>
> Failed to set up GstAmcColorFormatInfo*
>
> On the device i get the following notification:
> *"Error received from element amcvideodec-omxqcomvideodecoderavc2:
> Gstreamer encountered a general supporting library error."*
>
> *P.S - the same rtsp stream worked with tutorial-4 when using version
> 1.2.4.1 - but i had issues on several devices (See bug 731370).*

Thanks for testing the new version!

Can you report a bug at http://bugzilla.gnome.org against GStreamer,
with a complete debug log with GST_DEBUG=amc*:6, i.e.
> gst_debug_set_threshold_from_string("amc*:6", FALSE)
and the exact device you're testing on? Also the same debug log with
1.2.4.1 would be useful to have for comparison too :)

Expertise, Straight from the Source