Android gstreamer: video sink to a memory buffer

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Thu Apr 23 16:00:56 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have an Android application that leverages gstreamer very similar to
the tutorial. Right now, my pipeline finishes with eglglessink and the
video is displayed correctly through the GstreamerSurfaceView.

I would like to post process the video output in java with a proprietary
library that uses a GLSurfaceView. I have some trouble to mix both
gstreamer and this library.

I have explained the problem here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29737904/mixing-gstreamer-surfaceview-and-glsurfaceview

Option 1 (not described in link):
- is there a sink that could output the video to a memory buffer? That
would be the easiest solution as I would use my proprietary library with
its GLSurfaceView and "simply" pass the buffer which would contain the
video frame.

Option 2 (described in link):
- Is there a "simple" way to use a TextureView with Android gstreamer so
that I can access the buffer of each frame?

I'm not too concerned about performance as the tablet is very powerful
and can handle heavy load of processing.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Grégoire