GStreamer 1.5.2 successfully work on OSX but fail on Android?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Apr 25 06:28:06 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-04-25 at 01:14 +0800, A PU wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to build a cross-platform application using QT 5.5.1,
>
> I want to use GStreamer 1.5.2 to stream a camera view to the
> application through RTSP protocol.
>
> I downloaded the binary packages for different platform from the
> indicated websites
>
> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/osx/1.5.2/
>
> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.5.2/
>
> The problem is, with the same code(streaming pipeline), the camera
> view can be seen on OSX,
>
> however, as I deploy the application to an Android device, the
> streaming fail, and no error is shown.
>
> If only there is any message or warning showing up will be helpful
> for me to debug, sadly during the building process, deploying process
> and runtime process every thing goes smoothly, expect no video is
> streaming on the application at last.
>
> I understand this could be a rouge problem and contains many possible
> issues, I have been struggled for a week, thinking about any possible
> root cause.
>
> My suspicion tells me something's wrong within the libraries, maybe I
> forgot to include a specific one, but there should be error when I
> compile?
>
> I am hoping to get some advices, thank you.

GStreamer 1.5 was a development release and you should really update to
a newer version, to a stable release. Independent of your actual
problem here. The latest stable release is 1.8.1 and you can get it
from the same place.

For your actual problem, once you updated to a stable version you can
enable debug log output by calling the gst_debug_set* functions
somewhere in your code before starting the pipeline. E.g.
gst_debug_set_default_threshold(GST_LEVEL_DEBUG). This will then end up
all in adb logcat.

To be able to help you more with your problem, we'll need the relevant
parts of your code though.