GStreamer 1.5.2 successfully work on OSX but fail on Android?

A PU wer0605 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 11:40:45 UTC 2016

Thanks for the reply.

The relevant code you asked for is quite big and complex, I need some time
to organize it and make it easy to read.

Apart from that, I have some questions that need to be clarified, maybe I
can figure out the root cause somehow.

1. If the datasource contains video data and audio data, but my pipeline
only processes the video data and I don't design any pipeline for audio
data, what will happen to it? Should there be any error or warning?

2. To stream a video or a camera, do I need to design(or adjust) different
pipelines for different platforms? Maybe the same pipeline that works on
OSX doesn't work on Android or iOS?

3. Is there any method to check or monitor whether the datasource "really"
goes through the pipeline? I mean, I did build a pipeline(road), but how
could I sure the data(car) really processed by each element(drive over)?
Maybe the data is stuck in the middle of the pipeline?

4. I followed your suggest and set the GST_LEVEL_DEBUG to 5, but still no
message showing up in adb logcat(though many messages did show up on OSX)

5. I had set the permissions settings that is required to stream RTSP on
Android devices in "AndroidManifest.xml".

Many Thanks