gstreamer on Android not working

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Mar 23 12:06:49 UTC 2016

On Mi, 2016-03-23 at 16:34 +0530, Ananda Sagar M wrote:

> Facing issue while running gstreamer executables gst-inspect-1.0,
> gst-launch-1.0 on Android target. I have downloaded the Gstreamer-1.0
> code and cross compiled it with arm64 toolchain, but when trying to
> run these on android target facing the issue. from the adb shell if i
> execute ./gst-inspect-1.0 after setting the relevant environment
> variables getting the error "sh: ./gst-inspect-1.0: No such file or
> directory" Has anyone tried running gstreamer utilities on android
> target successfully ? Am i missing something here, please suggest.

That's generally not how GStreamer is used on Android. You integrate it
into your app and do all the stuff via its API. Check
  https://github.com/sdroege/gst-player/tree/master/android
for example.

We usually link all GStreamer libraries, dependencies, plugins, etc
into a single shared library and then have that used from the
application.

Your problem is probably that gst-inspect-1.0 is not in the current
directory, also not in $PATH and probably also not executable either.
You will also have to set up various other environment variables so
GStreamer finds the plugins and libraries and other things.