gstreamer on Android not working

Ananda Sagar M anandasagar.m at pathpartnertech.com
Wed Mar 23 12:18:49 UTC 2016

Thank you for your valuable input. I have configured $PATH,
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $PKG_CONFIG_PATH, $GST_PLUGIN_PATH on the target. Is
there any way i can make sure *gst-inspect-1.0* is in executable format or
not, or does android executes only statically linked binaries ?

In the other approach you have mentioned, we use the built in gstreamer
libraries to generate a single .so file which we can use in in our android
java application. But is there a way to build all the gstreamer related
libraries, executables from source for android apart from the way i have
been trying ? If so please shed some light in that direction, it would be
of great help.

Anand

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
wrote:

> On Mi, 2016-03-23 at 16:34 +0530, Ananda Sagar M wrote:
> >
> > Facing issue while running gstreamer executables gst-inspect-1.0,
> > gst-launch-1.0 on Android target. I have downloaded the Gstreamer-1.0
> > code and cross compiled it with arm64 toolchain, but when trying to
> > run these on android target facing the issue. from the adb shell if i
> > execute ./gst-inspect-1.0 after setting the relevant environment
> > variables getting the error "sh: ./gst-inspect-1.0: No such file or
> > directory" Has anyone tried running gstreamer utilities on android
> > target successfully ? Am i missing something here, please suggest.
>
> That's generally not how GStreamer is used on Android. You integrate it
> into your app and do all the stuff via its API. Check
>   https://github.com/sdroege/gst-player/tree/master/android
> for example.
>
> We usually link all GStreamer libraries, dependencies, plugins, etc
> into a single shared library and then have that used from the
> application.
>

> Your problem is probably that gst-inspect-1.0 is not in the current
> directory, also not in $PATH and probably also not executable either.
> You will also have to set up various other environment variables so
> GStreamer finds the plugins and libraries and other things.
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · http://www.centricular.com

-Anand

individual(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
reliance on the contents of this mail and attached file/s is strictly
prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.