gstreamer on Android not working

Martin Kelly martin at surround.io
Wed Mar 23 17:24:28 UTC 2016

On 03/23/2016 09:47 AM, Stuart Marshall wrote:
> It would be neat if somebody were to make a gst-inspect for android that ran as a natural android app. E.g. make it an activity with a UI. I took a quick peek at the gst-inspect code. It looked like it has a lot of assumptions that it is running on a unix-y command-line. It could, with some effort, be factored such that the core bits were abstracted from shell IO so that it could be wrapped in an android (or ios or whatever) shell. (I wish I had time to do this myself.)
>
> Stuart

I have also wished for something like that :). It would be extremely
handy. Another way to do it might be to use qemu to run an ARM
cross-compiled gst-inspect binary on a .so file produced by ndk-build.
By using binfmt, it would be transparent when used on the host machine.
Done this way, I'm guessing it wouldn't require modifying gst-inspect
itself.