gstreamer on Android not working

Stuart Marshall stuart at seelye.net
Wed Mar 23 16:47:16 UTC 2016

It would be neat if somebody were to make a gst-inspect for android that ran as a natural android app. E.g. make it an activity with a UI. I took a quick peek at the gst-inspect code. It looked like it has a lot of assumptions that it is running on a unix-y command-line. It could, with some effort, be factored such that the core bits were abstracted from shell IO so that it could be wrapped in an android (or ios or whatever) shell. (I wish I had time to do this myself.)

Stuart