Missing h264 decoder in Samsung Galaxy S7 and arm64 devices

Thadeu Antonio Ferreira de Melo thadeu.afm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 15:23:25 UTC 2017

Hello.
I realised I sent this question to the general Gstreamer forum. Since this
is a Android especific error, this thread would be a better fit.

We have an Android app that plays rtsp streams. The app Works fine on most
of our devices, but tests on a Galaxy S7 shows only a black screen.

Using Android Studio debug we discovered these erro messages.

"gsturidecodebin.c:931:unknown_type_cb:<uridecodebin0> warning: No decoder
available for type 'video/x-h264, stream ..."

"gstdecodebin2.c:4600 .... Missing decoder: H.264 (High Profile)
(video/x-h264, ...."

"gsturidecodebin.c:998:no_more_pads_full: .... Missing decoder: H.264 (High
Profile) (video/x-h264, ..."

We have found a similar case with the Twitch app on the S7. But no more
information than that.

We also realised that this error happens with other arm64 devices (Nexus
5). After that we removed the flag for arm64. Removing it make the app run
on compatibility mode and that makes the video stream playing as expected.

Does and one have any clue on how to solve this problem, so we can have a
full arm64 app running?