GStreamer on Android Studio

Felipe Magno de Almeida felipe.m.almeida at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 02:52:35 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Mathieu Duponchelle
<mathieu at centricular.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently updated the Android tutorials in gst-docs, adding a gradle
> build system
> and documenting how to use it, the commit is
> <https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-docs/commit/?id=82dd7c3215cbee1a0ba6abba7ce6f654f1b52a7b>
Hello Mathieu and Omar,

Sorry for basically top-posting, but I'm just commenting on how I was
able to compile the examples to android, so it is not a
specific answer to any email in this thread.

I had trouble compiling gst-docs with gradle using gstreamer from
cerberos, I had to make quite a few modifications in cerberos
for this to compile. A few modifications were:

* gst-android-1.0 - tools.mk: I had to modify how it finds static
libraries and how to generate the cmd command with that.
* gettext-tools.recipe: Arch Linux uses some strange characters in
Emacs version which breaks gettext compilation, had
to add --without-emacs option to it.
* zlib.recipe: It seems meson has a weird behavior with option 'both'
to 'default-library' which in my case meant
no static library was being generated at all. Add patch to change
meson.build library() function to both_libraries().
* glib.recipe: Disable inotify (just for laziness), use both_libraries
to use static libraries for gobject-2.0, gthread-2.0,
gmodule-2.0, libgio, libxdgmime, libgnulib, libpcre, libcharset.

With these modifications I was able to compile libgstreamer_android.so
using all dependencies statically compiled,
with the obvious exceptions offered by Android (-lm, -llog, GLES stuff, etc).

Kind regards,

> The documentation changes haven't been published yet, but you can clone the
> repository
> to find the updated instructions in
> markdown/installing/for-android-development.md .
>
> If you want a standalone example, you can also look at
> <https://github.com/centricular/android_rtsp_example>,
> and follow the instructions in the README.

Had not seen these other examples. Looks interesting.

> Cheers,
> Mathieu

Regards,
--