GStreamer 1.16 error

Jesper Elgh jesel704 at student.liu.se
Mon Apr 27 14:21:35 UTC 2020

Hey!
I have been trying to upgrade GStreamer to version 1.16 from 1.14 in my android application but have encountered some problems. Version 1.16 requires, according to gstreamer's website, Android NDK r18b. When I try to run GStreamer 1.16 with NDK r18b I get an error in android studio:

"expected ndk stl shared object file at /home/exjobb/Documents/android-ndk-r18-b-linux-x86_64/android-ndk-r18b/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.9/libs/armeabi-v7a /libgnustl_shared.so ".

The cxx-stl folder is not on my computer, nor are the folders / files that come after.

I have googled and it seems that a general recommendation is to downgrade to r17c. I can't do that if GStreamer 1.16 requires r18b.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely
Jesper