[gst-announce] gst-python 0.10.6 "You're not very subtle, but you are effective"
bilboed at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:07:39 PST 2006
Release notes for GStreamer Python bindings 0.10.6 "You're not very subtle, but
you are effective"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release in the 0.10.x
stable series of the
GStreamer Python Bindings.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* Can now build without requiring pygtk and its dependencies
* installation fixes
Bugs fixed in this release
* 355150 : Expose GST_PARAM_CONTROLLABLE in the bindings
* 343980 : import gst crash python
* 346190 : allow build/install without pygtk (ie pygobject)
* 349623 : Build failure due to "discards qualifiers from pointer ta...
* 359375 : variable 'interface' results in syntax error with MingW
* 362011 : [patch] Indentation typo in examples/bps.py
* 362183 : Please remove examples/gst123
* 362202 : [patch] A replacement of examples/vorbisplay.py for 0.10
* 362272 : [patch] Ports examples/audioconcat.py to 0.10
* 362290 : [patch] Ports examples/cp.py to 0.10
* 371969 : [Discoverer] Issues with demuxers that don't create pads ...
* 348416 : remuxer example should use normal seek
* 349107 : gst.BaseSrc can't negotiate with ffmpegcolorspace
You can find source releases of gst-python in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Jason Gerard DeRose
* Michael Smith
* Rene Stadler
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp Müller
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
More information about the Gstreamer-announce