[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.11 'Love never runs on time'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Dec 8 09:57:46 PST 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.11 'Love never runs on time'.
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound processing
over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other types of media
Its architecture allows for adding new data types or processing capabilities
simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic object
hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamerÂ 0.10.11 "Love never runs on time"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enhancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Base sink classes now fully support reverse playback modes
* Optimisations and bug-fixes
* Documentation improvements
* New API for network buffering
* Reduction in exported DLL symbols
* Pad blocking now works correctly
* Introduction of the MultiQueue object for building queue-like objects
* Many other bug-fixes and enhancements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 363095 : [BaseTransform] Outputs empty buffers
* 353301 : aborts in _get_element_by_uri(), probably due to buggy el...
* 344639 : Separate threadsafe queuing functionnality in a separate ...
* 347785 : [multiqueue] New multiple input-output queue
* 352827 : re-negotiation issues with dynamic pipelines and level or...
* 357180 : [libs] gst_controller_new* functions don't increase refco...
* 318031 : gstreamer should use gmodule-no-export in its .pc file
* 340878 : Registry doesn't discard removed plugin features
* 345496 : No GstPadDirection in files created by GstXml
* 356910 : Basesrc gst_base_src_activate_push not calling base_src_s...
* 357593 : Generated gst-element-check.m4 installed from $(srcdir)
* 358436 : #include is missing in gstghostpad.c and gstquery.c
* 358999 : [PATCH] [GstPad] Flushing on blocked pads not handled cor...
* 359850 : Compiling issues on sparc with Forte
* 360151 : Fixes compiling with forte: disable warning as error for ...
* 360173 : Fixes compiling with forte: warning clean up (part 1)
* 360467 : [API] add gst_tag_list_is_empty ()
* 360860 : Fixes compiling with forte: warning clean up (part 2)
* 361675 : Allow applications to use libxml2 and GStreamer even if ...
* 361720 : grammar project: error generating gstmarshal.c and gstmar...
* 361730 : wrong source file list in VC8 project
* 361732 : " win32\common\libgstreamer.def " lacks 'gst_caps_merge' entry
* 361769 : Deadlock in gstpad.c
* 364388 : size variable is not always initialized in gst_base_src_s...
* 366321 : GST_SEGMENT_FORMAT not defined on windows
* 370865 : [basesrc] update segment duration in gst_base_src_update_...
* 371493 : Incomplete change of printf conversion specifiers in gstr...
* 374475 : [PATCH] minor doc typo
* 377332 : [PATCH] Warning with check > = 0.9.4
* 381175 : [PATCH] fix vs8 compilation
* 357617 : [libs] gst_controller_set_from_list can return without un...
* 358737 : _gst_event_copy sets the wrong parent_refcount on the chi...
* 366212 : Fix some misspellings in gstreamer core
* 369366 : MacOSX printf fixes for CVS
* 371894 : tests/examples/typefind is broken
* 355499 : ensure_current_registry_forking() fails if zombie alread...
* 352345 : Small race condition in the queue element
* 357432 : [libs] GstController needs to keep controlled objects alive
* 358613 : sink- > file is never reset for filesink elements, even tho...
* 366286 : [PATCH] fix compilation on Windows
* 366572 : Bad declaration in headerfile
* 367677 : [fdsrc] skips the first byte
* 369942 : [PATCH] unblocking blocked pad does not release all block...
API changed in this release
- API additions:
* GST_PAD_IS_BLOCKING() macro
* GST_PAD_BLOCKING GstPadFlag
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
* Alessandro Decina
* Antoine Tremblay
* Christian F.K. Schaller
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Jan David Mol
* Jan Schmidt
* Jonathan Matthew
* Josep Torre Valles
* Kjartan Maraas
* Marcus Granado
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* RenÃ© Stadler
* Sebastian Droege
* Sebastien Cote
* Sergey Scobich
* Sjoerd Simons
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Yves Lefebvre
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the Gstreamer-announce