[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.11 'DumbThings'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Dec 8 09:59:05 PST 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.11 'DumbThings'.
GStreamer Base Plug-ins is a well-groomed and well-maintained collection of
GStreamer plug-ins and elements, spanning the range of possible types of
elements one would want to write for GStreamer. It also contains helper
libraries and base classes useful for writing elements.
A wide range of video and audio decoders, encoders, and filters are included.
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Base Plug-insÂ 0.10.11 "Dumb things"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
codecs: vorbis, theora
text: textoverlay, subparse
sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioscale, volume
video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
aggregate elements: decodebin, playbin
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* This release requires GStreamer core 0.10.11 or higher
* Improved buffering during network playback
* Support for reverse playback of Ogg/Vorbis/Theora
* Reverse playback support in the audio sinks
* The Ogg muxer now produces correct streams in all cases
* Support libvisual 0.4
* Improvements in RTP support
* Support retagging of Vorbis files
* Introduction of the decodebin2 element
* Many other bug fixes and improvements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 360552 : [riff] [avi] extracts non-UTF8 metadata
* 365501 : [x/xvimagesink] race condition when creating first image ...
* 339366 : [playbin] hangs if suburi file type cannot be determined
* 355914 : libvisual causes xvimagesink: assertion `GST_CAPS_REFCOU...
* 363118 : gst_riff_create_video_caps() should also store variant in...
* 363607 : xvimagesink xwindow_draw_border() slowness
* 336301 : [playbin] can't handle RTSP source
* 337026 : oggmux doesn't set EOS properly
* 337031 : vorbisdec outputs too much data
* 340049 : New BaseRTPAudioPayloader class to -base
* 348264 : Theora encoding, Ogg muxing don't handle discontinuities
* 354773 : xvimage assumes that XV_COLORKEY can be set in RGB888 format
* 355917 : libvisual plugin is broken
* 355935 : multifdsink doesn't allow setting maximums (soft, hard) i...
* 357038 : [ffmpegcolorspace] RGBA handling broken
* 357215 : [playbin] buffering notification not quite right yet
* 357289 : [riff] riff parser can't detect aac audio stream
* 357404 : [playbin] Linking can fail silently
* 357531 : [subparse] problem if markup is not closed
* 357577 : [playbin] regression: buffering still images broken
* 357591 : Avoid compiler warning with uclibc and -Werror
* 357613 : XvStopVideo in xvimagesink
* 357800 : [libvisual] doesn't pass audio data to libvisual 0.4.0 co...
* 359580 : tcpserversink and dataprotocol assert for multipart streams
* 361095 : Fixes compiling with forte: warning clean up (part 3)
* 361456 : [basertppayload] Memory leak
* 361634 : sink- > ringbuffer NULL in BaseAudioSink's setcaps()
* 361984 : [subparse] doesn't accept .srt file that doesn't start wi...
* 366334 : [PATCH] Windows vs8 fixes
* 368273 : Using the remove signal on multifdsink is not threadsafe
* 368310 : include file gstbasertpaudiopayload.h not included for r...
* 369482 : [typefind] MPEG system streams get recognized as mp3 files
* 370092 : [PATCH] Decodebin v2 : Implementation
* 377183 : regression: no eos when playing ogg vorbis files
* 381219 : bad debugging code left in audiorate
* 382223 : [decodebin] more delayed linking
* 382269 : Typefind detects mpeg video clip as audio/mpeg
* 335635 : Add an Ogg/Vorbis retagging element
* 341681 : [textoverlay] flickering with continuously timestamped text
* 342228 : [alsa] Recognize " Front " as a Master channel
* 357330 : [subparse] some sami parser minor but enhanced patch
* 357532 : [gsttag] vorbistag doesn't handle dates that include time...
* 359237 : [typefinding] doesn't recognize XML files shorter than 25...
* 362845 : [subparse] add support for tmplayer format
* 357977 : [videorate] new segment start is not respected
* 364812 : [PATCH] oggmux release pad does not remove pad
* 364856 : pngenc stride problems
* 372507 : Mac build fixes
API changed in this release
- API additions:
* Add new interface GstVideoOrientation
* add dropped_buffers to the get-stats GValueArray for multifdsink
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* David Schleef
* Edgard Lima
* Edward Hervey
* Ferenc Gerlits
* James "Doc" Livingston
* Jan David Mol
* Jan Schmidt
* Jonathan Matthew
* Josep Torre Valles
* Julien MOUTTE
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Renato Filho
* Sebastien Cote
* Sergey Scobich
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Ville Syrjala
* Wim Taymans
* Young-Ho Cha
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the Gstreamer-announce