[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.10 'Keep the dogies rollin'
thaytan at noraisin.net
thaytan at noraisin.net
Mon Jan 19 16:01:10 PST 2009
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.10 'Keep the dogies rollin'.
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to
the rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing
something - be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a
real live maintainer, or some actual wide use.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-bad.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-bad
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Bad Plug-insÂ 0.10.10 "keep them dogies rollin"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"That an accusation?"
No perfectly groomed moustache or any amount of fine clothing is going to
cover up the truth - these plug-ins are Bad with a capital B.
They look fine on the outside, and might even appear to get the job done, but
at the end of the day they're a black sheep. Without a golden-haired angel
to watch over them, they'll probably land in an unmarked grave at the final
Don't bug us about their quality - exercise your Free Software rights,
patch up the offender and send us the patch on the fastest steed you can
steal from the Confederates. Because you see, in this world, there's two
kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to the
rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing something
- be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a real live
maintainer, or some actual wide use. If the blanks are filled in they might be
upgraded to become part of either gst-plugins-good or gst-plugins-ugly,
depending on the other factors.
If the plug-ins break, you can't complain - instead, you can fix the
problem and send us a patch, or bribe someone into fixing them for you.
New contributors can start here for things to work on.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
Features of this release
* Require gettext 0.17
* ACM mp3 decoder element for win32
* New MXF demuxer added
* JPEG-2000 encoder - jp2enc added
* RTP support
* Fixes for RTP support
* Add parsers for AAC and AMR
* Move libgstapp and elements to -base
* Add Quicktime muxer element qtmux
* Enhance RFB capture
* Improve MPEG-TS and MPEG-PS demuxing
* Don't install static libs for plugins
* Introduce audioringbuffer element
* Improve DVD playback of ResinDVD components
* Move old audioresample from -base as legacyaudioresample
* Improve speexresampler, and then move it to -base
* Improve FLV demuxing and parsing
* Various DVB input fixes
* Add support for frequency list descriptors for DVB
* Improve MPEG-TS muxer
* Various other bug-fixes
Bugs fixed in this release
* 127574 : replaygain support
* 480543 : [spc] crashes when not given any input data
* 546319 : [resindvd] Stuck on first menu (language selection)
* 549222 : Totem using resindvd element as DVD navigation module doe...
* 550280 : Move qtmux to gst-plugins-bad
* 550454 : FLV demuxer screws up in Pitivi
* 550613 : [mpegtsmux] Add support for ac3/dts/lpcm
* 553823 : CodeStyle improvements and minor fixes to the DCCP plugin.
* 555238 : Recent changes in x264 breaks compilation of x264 plugin.
* 557161 : Wrong time displayed and no seeking with MPEG PS cut from...
* 557763 : [mpegtsmux] DeadlockEOS due to interleaving mechanism
* 557814 : [mpegdemux] frequency list descriptor support
* 558639 : cross-configuring interrupts due to a failing check for " ...
* 560841 : Provide access to packet loss
* 561992 : debug format warning during compilation of resindvdsrc.c ...
* 562312 : Lip-sync generates wrong `ts-offset' in GstRtpBin
* 562319 : [rtpsession] memory corruption
* 562802 : [appsrc] lockup in pad_push() if previous flow was wrong-...
* 563006 : mxf mpeg422 file stops playing
* 563147 : input-selector doesn't notify of active-pad changing when...
* 564232 : Dual Licensing qtmux
* 565439 : Make pcapparse compile with (mingw32) gcc
* 565509 : rtpsource on receiver side can't get clock-rate for h264,...
* 565614 : [mpegtsdemux] Fix memory leak
* 565910 : allow forcing the ssrc on a rtpsession
* 566356 : [dvbbasebin] Couple of memleaks
* 566613 : bayer2rgb calculates wrong color offset
* 566878 : [ladspa] Add dependencies for ladspa modules
* 566957 : Add time based seeking to ResinDVD
* 566958 : fix dirac support in qtmux/mp4mux
* 566959 : Fix duration query on mpegtsdemux
* 508029 : [speexresample] pops/glitches in some cases
* 558416 : [PATCH] realvideodec: use pixel aspect ratio of container
* 564482 : [appsrc] semantics of push-buffer signal awkward for bind...
* 565319 : rtpjitterbuffer: bursty reception can cause time to be re...
* 565613 : [mpegtsdemux] Add scrambled field to service structure
* 567004 : ladspa plugin crashes on Solaris
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-bad in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alessandro Decina
* Arnout Vandecappelle
* Brian Cameron
* Christian Schaller
* Cygwin Ports maintainer
* Damien Lespiau
* David HÃ¤rdeman
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Jonathan Matthew
* Josep Torra
* Julien Moutte
* Leandro Melo de Sales
* Luotao Fu
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Olivier Crete
* Robin Stocker
* Sascha Hauer
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sebastian PÃ¶lsterl
* Stefan Kost
* Tal Shalif
* Thiago Sousa Santos
* Thijs Vermeir
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the Gstreamer-announce