[gst-devel] Re: gtk graph editor widget?

Erik Walthinsen omega at cse.ogi.edu
Sat Dec 9 00:36:49 CET 2000

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Matthias Scheidegger wrote:

> I've just visited the GStreamer homepage and I noticed, in the examples
> section, what looks like a GTK Graph Editor widget!
> I've been looking for such a thing for ages. Can I get it somewhere?

Are you looking specifically for a media-related pipeline editor, or a
graph editor in general?  As a media pipeline editor, it's reasonably
functional, but there is some rewriting needed before it's full usable.
That's planned for January some time, since the editor is a secondary
feature, and we're trying to get a Millennium release out (midnight Jan 1,
etc.).

Widget-wise, what I wrote is rather specific to GStreamer, but I'd like to
come up with something a little more generic.  There are a couple other
programs that have some of this kind of stuff, including Dia.  If a widget
set could be built that could handle all of these uses, that would make
everyone's life easier.  Someone did some hacking to make the Dia stuff
into Canvas widgets, but of course that's still Dia-specific.

TTYL,
    Omega

         Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user