[gst-devel] RE: Need writer for Developer's Guides

Erik Walthinsen omega at cse.ogi.edu
Sat Dec 9 00:51:38 CET 2000

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Tom Sasser wrote:

> I'm interested in starting on a project, and documentation
> seems to be an easier start.  I can do technical
> documentation, but have never documented code written by
> others.  However, I'm willing to help and willing to learn
> C/C++.

Which of the documentation bits are you most interested?  We've got the
API docs, design docs, Developer's Guide, and Filter Writer's Guide.  The
Filter Writer's Guid eis most pressing, since it doesn't exist yet.  It's
probably one of the easier ones to do as well.

If you want to give it a shot, I'll send you the outline I wrote up and
point you to the right documentation to start with (basically the
developer's guide on the website). Start asking questions on the list
(which you'll want to sign onto) and we'll try to get you up to speed.  If
you want to start looking through the code, browse through the CVS
repository online, looking in the gst/ subdirectory.  The gst/elements/
subdir has some basic filters, which are always the most up-to-date
API-wise.  Test cases are in tests/, with a lot of example and test
programs also in test/.

TTYL,
    Omeag

         Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user