[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] gstreamer omegahacker

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at tvd.be
Sun Feb 13 04:21:58 CET 2000

Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> CVSROOT:        /cvsroot/gstreamer
> Module name:    gstreamer
> Changes by:     omegahacker     00/02/12 15:09:57
>
> Modified files:
>         test           : mp1parse.c
>
> Log message:
> Rearranged and updated mp1parse.  Indentation is sane again (what editor
> are you using, Wim?),

vi :-) I'll set my tabs as spaces, sorry.

> and it now uses threads.  Playback is clean (at
> least, audio and video are running smoothly.  Video is still a little
> choppy on my test stream (first 1MB from disk two of Mulan VCD), and it's
> still wildly out of sync, but it's looking VERY COOL.

I still see some SEGFAULTs on some streams, I'll try to fix this tomorrow and
I'll be thinking about a video sink... And an MMX iDCT for the MPEG decoder,
and...

Some wild idea: when the plugins create a buffer they just do
gst_buffer_new or something, which is in plain memory that might not be
ideal for the next element in the stream (for example, the mpeg decoder writes
to plain memory instead of shared memory for the X server). I don't know if
this can be done but what about the element requesting a buffer from the next
element in the stream. A display element can then pass a buffer in DMA-able or
AGP memory for example.

Wim

Are we running light with overbyte?