[gst-devel] GStreamer in CVS!

Erik Walthinsen omega at cse.ogi.edu
Sun Jan 30 12:09:31 CET 2000

I've just finished putting all the current sources for GStreamer into CVS.
It will build cleanly on my machine, which doesn't say a whole lot.  What
does say a lot is that the following worked on a fresh checkout (well,
see below):

gstreamer/tools/launch 60 dvdsrc /cdrom/video_ts/vts_02_1.vob \| \
mpeg2parse private_stream_1.0\| ac3parse \| ac3dec \| audiosink

This command, when run as root (due to FIBMAP needing root), will play the
first 60 seconds of the first audio track of the VOB file listed in the
commandline, from an encrypted DVD.  Try doing that with any other
program! ;-)

One trick is that I haven't put the CSS code itself in CVS.  To get that
you have to go over to the LiVid CVS archive (via www.linuxvideo.org) and
snag the .c and .h files from the css-auth module.  I'm keeping as low a
profile as I can right now, and also don't want to get SourceForge in
trouble.  I've talked with the EFF attorney, I'm considering finding
someone in France or similar to package up the dvdsrc element as a
separate package entirely (since the plugin mechanism in GStreamer allows
that).

I've given both of the other people on the list as of now developer access
to the project, so you should be able to commit things to the repo.  For
now (until I get a loginfo script in place), please send mail to this list
detailing what you do.  Immediate tasks are to clean up the build a bit so
people who don't live on my laptop can actually run the thing ;-), and for
everyone else to figure out what all this stuff is...  What's in CVS is
easily 2 to 3 times bigger than the 0.0.9 release, and there are a lot of
changes in existing code.

I'm going to sleep now, it's 3am.

TTYL,
    Omega

         Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user