[gst-devel] I'm still alive

Erik Walthinsen omega at cse.ogi.edu
Mon Mar 6 00:08:46 CET 2000

In case anyone's wondering, I'm still alive, wrapping my head around
several codecs.  MPEG-2 playback is getting close, just have to finish
redesigning the main loop so it's a) more correct and b) faster.  DV
decompress is very close, just have to figure out the iDCT routines (a guy
at work wrote a brute-force 2-4-8 iDCT that returns a matrix of NaN
values, yet it looks correct...).

Right now I'm just trying to get the Firewire drivers beaten into shape so
they'll work for my CardBus card.  The initialization method puts way too
much control into the hands of the subsystem, such that you can only
remove the whole driver (and all associated hosts) rather than a host
(card) at a time.

I'll be taking a look at the videosink and v4l stuff soon, and I'll also
try to get the coroutine scheduling stuff finally worked out.  Big things
are happening here at work, so don't be surprised if I'm quiet, it just
means I'm hacking like mad.

         Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user