[gst-devel] I'm still alive

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at tvd.be
Mon Mar 6 00:25:33 CET 2000

Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> In case anyone's wondering, I'm still alive, wrapping my head around

Yes, it's been a bit quit here..

> several codecs.  MPEG-2 playback is getting close, just have to finish
> redesigning the main loop so it's a) more correct and b) faster.  DV
> decompress is very close, just have to figure out the iDCT routines (a guy
> at work wrote a brute-force 2-4-8 iDCT that returns a matrix of NaN
> values, yet it looks correct...).

I took the mmx-IDCT from LiviD, some rounding errors it seems. Maybe yours is
better. Can't wait for your commits...

> Right now I'm just trying to get the Firewire drivers beaten into shape so
> they'll work for my CardBus card.  The initialization method puts way too
> much control into the hands of the subsystem, such that you can only
> remove the whole driver (and all associated hosts) rather than a host
> (card) at a time.
>
> I'll be taking a look at the videosink and v4l stuff soon, and I'll also
> try to get the coroutine scheduling stuff finally worked out.  Big things
> are happening here at work, so don't be surprised if I'm quiet, it just
> means I'm hacking like mad.

Good, I need some input from you for the videosink... It's getting a bit
messy. I had a hard time with the overlay stuff, X and GDK really suck for
this kind of things. Do you have a v4l card?

Wim

--
You can always tell the people that are forging the new frontier.
They're the ones with arrows sticking out of their backs.