[gst-devel] RIFF parsing

Erik Walthinsen omega at cse.ogi.edu
Thu Mar 16 22:29:22 CET 2000

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Wim Taymans wrote:

> Do you have any objections to having the RIFF parser behave like:
>   gst_riff_new(callback_function);

Are you coding the RIFF element as a standalone, or as a plugin to be
paired with a specific parser?  My thought was to change the loading code
so a WAV parser would attempt to load the RIFF plugin as a supporting
library, not even a GstObject at all.  Common routines could be provided,
along the lines of the _new function above, such that the WAV element
could indeed consist of a chain() function that just calls
gst_riff_chain() and relies on the callback to process things.

         Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user