[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] gstreamer omegahacker

Erik Walthinsen omega at cse.ogi.edu
Tue Mar 21 21:38:52 CET 2000

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Wim Taymans wrote:

> I'm working on MJPEG support in the avi player. I currently load the
> jpeg plugin in the avi parser when i detect an MJPEG video stream.
> I have the src and sink of the jpeg plugin, but now I have to create
> a new src pad in the aviparser and signal the main app.
Why are you loading JPEG into the AVI parser?  Shouldn't the AVI parser
act like the MPEG system stream demux and just create a new src pad with
the name "MJPA_0" or something?  Then the application is responsible for
figuring out what element to load and hook into that.  Eventually a
meta-element could be created that would be a subclass of Bin and be able
to do that itself with the result of ending up with a raw video output on
itself.

> I tried a few options but it seems to end up in a trial and error
> excercise. The pad is a src pad for the main app but a sink pad for
> the plugin... Do you have a solution??
Not sure I parse that...

         Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user