[gst-devel] release...

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at chello.be
Wed Oct 4 19:15:32 CEST 2000

I suggest we try to concentrate on the following things first:

 1. getting gstplay in an acceptable state (me + anyone?)
    - make it use the autoplugging features
    - make menu options work better.
    - maybe view media = show the editor in non-editing mode.
    - preferences: I have no idea.
 2. get the API stable
    - should be quite stable right now. No major API changes
      pending AFAICT
    - need to change autoplugging for multiple sinks (internal)
    - need to create queues/threads for autoplugging. I will
      try to handle this by adding a GST_PAD_SUGGEST_THREAD flag
      to the pads (good/bad idea?) also quite internal (me)
 3. build procedure (Richard?)
    - .RPMs/.debs...
    - make sure MMX is dynamically selected at runtime.
 4. getting docs 100% OK (me + everybody). If something is not
    clear about GStreamer, the docs are wrong/incomplete and need
    fixing. document the plugins.
 5. prepare completely new web-site. (anybody?)

Later:

 - complete editor
 - bonobo
 - mp3parse/mp1parse/... cleanup
 - everything else.

When this is finished, people will have a stable API, 100% documented,
something that compiles and runs and if they are still in doubt, they can
look at a real application :-)

Wim

--
I went to the race track once and bet on a horse that was so good that
it took seven others to beat him!