[gst-devel] bonobo-media integration

ERDI Gergo cactus at cactus.rulez.org
Thu Apr 12 01:50:45 CEST 2001

Hi,

I talked with one of the developers at GUADEC about using GStreamer via
the Bonobo-Media interface. Bonobo-Media is a very lightweight Bonobo
interface to play back multimedia streams (and eventually content from
TV/radio tuners as well), and GStreamer is a very complex and
sophisticated infrastructure to deliver that content. Please see
http://cactus.rulez.org/projects/bonobo-media/ for information about
Bonobo-Media.

So the idea I was pushing at GUADEC is to implement the Bonobo-Media
interfaces using GStreamer, to allow other applications to use
the plethora of GStreamer modules thru an easy-to-use, Bonobo based
interface (see http://cactus.rulez.org/projects/bonobo-media/using.phtml
for an example)

So what do you think about it?

   .--= ULLA! =----------------------------.  finger cactus at cactus.rulez.org
   \      http://cactus.rulez.org           \   for PGP public key
    `----------= cactus at cactus.rulez.org =--'
If Old MacDonald had a computer, would it use Eee-aye-eee I/O?