[gst-devel] bug

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Aug 7 16:45:43 CEST 2001

To all of the people who've had this sort of error when compiling cvs :
and running autogen.sh

autoconf: Undefined macros:
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRUE
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FALSE
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRUE
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FALSE
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRUE
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FALSE
configure.in:588:AC_CHECK_LIB(FLAC, FLAC__stream_decoder_new,
HAVE_FLAC=yes, HAVE_FLAC=no, -lm)

autoconf failed

I've traced it down to a weird bug in autoconf, as far as I can tell.
The six lines with AC_TRUE and AC_FALSE are due to a test in aclocal.m4;
they're generated by the AM_CONDITIONAL macro for the FLAC libraries.

It seems it's caused by the fact that FLAC ends in AC and that's what's
making it fail.  To test that I've added a few dnl'd lines in
configure.base that you can uncomment to show that HAVE_LAC also generates
that error, while HAVE_FLC doesn't.  I'll put that in CVS now.

If I can fix it by renaming HAVE_FLAC to HAVE_FLC everywhere, I'll try to
do that as well.

If I'm totally off-base here then feel free to tell me ;)

Thomas

I used to play with toy guns and knives with my daddy
He never taught me how to kill
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->